I work on a range of freelance projects, based in literature programming, events management, podcasting, and interviewing and hosting.
Currently, I’m working on:
- House of 1000 Stories, a live short story experience, premiering at Hidden Door Festival in June 2018.
- Many Voices Podcast, a project with Scottish PEN documenting their Many Voices project.
- Aye Write Book Festival, programming the comics and graphic novels strand of the annual book festival.
- Edinburgh Comic Art Festival, providing project and programme support.
- Chairing literary events, across the UK. I chair a range of events from contemporary literary fiction to comics, non-fiction, YA and feminism. Recent people I’ve interviewed include Gloria Steinem, Colm Tóibín, Against Me‘s Laura Jane Grace, Maggie O’ Farrell and Marian Keyes. Current and past clients include Waterstones, Wigtown Book Festival, Dundee Literary Festival, Writers Centre Norwich, Aye Write Book Festival, Edinburgh Libraries, West Cork Literary Festival, Durham Book Festival and The Saltire Society.
- delivering workshops on comics and zine making. Clients include Edinburgh Libraries, For Book’s Sake and Book Week Scotland.
Previous projects include:
- host of the Scottish Book Trust ‘Book Talk’ podcast
- managing the events programme for Book Week Scotland
Would you like to work with me? Have an idea for a project, or an event you’d like me to chair?
Check out my ‘Contact’ page!